Sunday, November 14, 2004

Complimentary Bus Shuttle Service

The people of Penang are very hospitable. For the convenience of tourists and locals who wish to catch the sights in Georgetown, there is a free bus service courtesy of the Penang State Government in Georgetown. This free bus service indeed helps tourist save time and money touring George Town's heritage and commercial attraction.


One of the bus stops to take the free bus shuttle service. Posted by Hello

I did not have a chance to take this transport service when I was Penang. It is partly because I had preferred to travel on foot for short distances, so I end up walking when I was travelling around Georgetown. Furthermore, the hotel that I stayed in was quite close to several major heritage attractions that I had wanted to go to, so I could easily travel on foot.

Anyway, for the benefit of those who wanted to use this service, here are some more information:

The service runs at regular 12-minute intervals from 7:00am to 7:00pm on Mondays to Fridays and 7:00am to 2:00pm on Saturdays. There is no service on Sundays and public holidays.

The bus service starts at the Jetty, Weld Quay and passes by Komtar, Penang Road, before returning to its point of origin.

http://www.tourismpenang.gov.my/page.cfm?name=ap02d

Please click on the link below for the bus routes and pick up points:
http://www.tourismpenang.gov.my/images/exoticpenang/custom%20pages/ap02d_01.htm

No comments: